Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 16


Today was a bit of an organization day. I spent the morning removing the sod from the last bit of garden to prep it for beds and planting. While the ethnobotany class did a decent job turning over the sod, I am worried that if I don't remove the roots we are going to have a big grassy spot again. Also, I spent some time tidying up the entrance to the garden and planting some sunflowers. Once we get the gate up I think it will provide a nice affect when coming into the garden. Today was really pleasant weather to be working in, and I am happy for it. After dinner I organized a garden party (only Jim and Kat showed up) and we finished tilling up the last section of the garden I was working on in the morning. Tomorrow I will hopefully plant some potatoes with Kat that she brought me, as well as some cucumbers and maybe even tomatoes!

1 comment:

  1. With all these beds, I'm curious whether you are keeping a map???

    ReplyDelete