Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 43

After hearing lots of feedback about wanting to help out in the garden, today we had our first organized meeting for the summer term.  The meeting was very helpful for me to be able to organize help for the garden, because it is impossible to keep track of all the help being casually offered my way.  Lots of people showed up right after dinner, and I was able to get a good idea about the different ways people want to be involved.  There are those who are interested in helping out on an ongoing basis, such as with watering and composting, as well as a contingency of those who can't regularly commit to help, but are interested in coming to help on a day by day basis.  This lends itself well to the garden's needs, as I need help both with regular tasks and also with bigger projects that call for many hands.  I will be posting sign up sheets for volunteers by Friday, and hopefully people follow up on their interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment