Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 23


Today was time to begin planting the last major section of the garden. On Sunday last I planted some cucumbers and squash around the fence and today I began planting tomatoes, a bed of greens and radishes, and set up the irrigation for this new section. The tomatoes I'm sure are happy to be upgrading their space availability and look wonderful in the ground instead of pots.

Elsewhere in the garden, things are really greening up in a good way, with intentional plants ahead of the weeds. Most beds have germinated, and the first things I planted are looking vigorous and are growing quickly. In the next week I will probably be able to do a limited harvest so that people here for the spring term can have a treat direct from the garden. Yum yum yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment