Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 30

Today was a momentous day for the garden; I harvested the first major fruits of my labor for the dining hall.  I harvested pac choi (bok choy) with Jesse in the morning, and in the afternoon I harvested radishes and greens with the ethnobotany class.  Hip hip hooray!  The afternoon harvest was a little stressful, as the greens were not liking the heat at all, but it was good to have the ethnobotany class up one last time before everyone goes home.  I also offered tomato plants to everyone in the ethnobotany class as a thank you for helping out so much (with the hook that I asked people to save seeds from the tomatoes to bring back to the Biostation next year). 

The signage is up, the plants are prepped, and now I believe I hear the bell announcing dinner.  Time to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment