Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 17

After raising six acres of produce in Wisconsin three years ago, this half acre garden at the Biostation is starting to feel like it is pretty well under control. Today I did some more fiddling around in the morning, planted a bed, worked on my garden borders, and around eleven the Ethnobotany class showed up for a whirlwind visit to help out and check on the progress of the garden. They planted a small triangle bed by the medicine wheel, watered the three sisters mounds, and helped me re-seed a couple rows of beans. Then they were off for their own farm tour to Blackbird Gardens in Petoskey where Matt worked for a couple of years. In the afternoon it rained .4" which was much needed, and I spent my time catching up on the blog and garden map. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment